Friday, May 9, 2008

awesum 3sum :)

Last week just seems to have flown...and it brought smiles on my face on three occasions :) :) :)...with all three giving me equal levels of satifaction...

First the word that i had longed to be with me...finally...got attached to me...the word "senior"...as i got promoted to the post of "senior research analyst"...today i feel "big"...if u luk at it...its just a seven letter word...but for me it means much more...there is so much of added responsibility that it brings with it...that my company feels i m worth taking on my shoulders...i hope i m able to live upto it :)

Second relates to my ethical values....i went to archies gallery the other day to buy some stuff....there were precisely "three" things that i bought...the number "three" seems to have been all around me in the past week....anyways....so i bought a packet of envelopes, a paper bag and a pair of earings...when it was time for me to pay the bill....i noticed that the shopkeeper did not include the pack of envelopes in the bill...now right from my school days i had always had a "grudge" against archies gallery as i thought that every product the shop sold was way tooooo overpriced...and in school days it was especially true when atleast i was expected to survive an entire month with a pocket money of Rs 500...i dunno why for a moment i thought that this was my turn to take revenge...and i ended up moving out of the shop paying for only two things....but the "little monster" in me didn't seem to last for long...till the time i reached home there was not even a single minute that i did not feel edgy...before even parking my car....i decided to go back...got stuck in a traffic jam for half an hour...which probably is the price i paid :( as i hate traffic jams :(...yet i managed to reach the store on time :)...i can never forget the smile on the shopkeeper's face :)...gosh!! the only thought coming to my mind that time...errrr..."sir i am not quite what i look"...but i obviously kept quiet and moved out politely!!

The third...was today...for my dearest mom...on the ocassion of Mothers Day...just a small surprise from me and my sister at her favourite restaurant "sagar ratna"...she hardly gets to go there...courtesy my dad...who is a hard core non-vegetarian while mom is strictly vegetarian...so mom's dinner proposals to sagar ratna are usually knocked down in front of dad's non veg extravaganza :)...i hope he doesn't get to read this :-p...so today was actually her day as she got to eat at her favourite place after a looonggg time...nothing lavish...just plain and simple...but as she rightly says "its only and only the thought that counts" :)

So all in all a great week :)

3 comments:

Anish Bansal said...

riti ji.. pahle to promotion ki vadhaiyaaan.. partyyyy.... :).. accha, simple, nice blog.. mera fav part ismein 3rd waala hai.. family se upar kuch nahin.. :).. actual khushi tumhaari usmein jhalak rahi thi..

Ritika said...

thanks :) nd rightly said :)

tiku said...

;)thanks ritika for your comments ..do keep reading..i liked the way u express yourself keep writing its a pleasure ...